This article will review claims of Lash Thickening and Lengthening product - Lash & brow building serum™ from Mary Kay.
There are a number of factors than can shorten lash life – harsh makeup removers, frequent eye rubbing, aggressive eyelash curling, and even the aging process itself. And your brows can fall victim to excessive tweezing or careless waxing.
BENEFITS AND CLAIMS
7 out of 10 women said lashes appeared fuller*. Here’s what else women told us after using Lash & Brow Building Serum™ once a day for one month during an independent study*:
- 80% said it helped reduce lash loss during makeup removal
- 77% said it reduced lash brittleness & breakage
- 76% said the look of thin, sparse lashes was improved
- 65% said the look of thin, sparse brows was improved
*Study conducted by an independent research company.
HOW IT WORKS
This formula contains the Lash Response™ Complex that contains amino acids, a peptide, and red clover extract to help provide what lashes and brows need to stay healthy and strong.
- Amino acids help provide essential nutrition. Since amino acids create keratin, a protein that makes up the majority of each hair strand, it makes sense that having even more amino acids would be beneficial. The Lash Response™ Complex adds amino acids to the skin to provide nourishment.
- Tetrapeptide-3 helps strengthen the skin dermal matrix*. This peptide is considered “biomimetic” because although it was discovered in a laboratory, it “acts” like a protein produced in the skin, similar to how an artificial sweetener can taste like sugar but isn’t. When tested in vitro this peptide promotes the production of collagen, fibronectin and laminin – key components in skin that are responsible for supporting specialized cells critical to the lifecycle of hair. Without a strong skin dermal matrix the hair lifecycle may be shortened.
- Red Clover contains antioxidants. Free radicals are known to shorten the hair lifecycle. The Lash Response™ Complex contains an extract derived from red clover, a botanical that is known to contain antioxidants that neutralize free radicals.
DOES IT WORK?
Before applying Mary Kay® Lash & Brow Building Serum™ each night, be sure your skin is clean and dry, and contact lenses have been removed. For lashes, apply the unique clear formula to the base of your upper lashes (where the eyelashes meet the skin), gliding the formula from the inner part of your lash line to the outer part. Repeat on the opposite eyelid. For brows, apply the formula to sparse or bare areas of the brow in the direction of hair growth. Repeat on the opposite brow.
- Suitable for contact lens wearers
- Suitable for sensitive eyes
WHERE TO BUY?